Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nothing is Too Hard For My God

After being in the "blog zone" yesterday, I awoke to this devotional....Have you ever been in Church and you felt as if the preacher was speaking to You and You alone. Like he knew what you were going through and wrote today's message just for you!

After I shared my take from the heart yesterday on this whole Tim Tebow adventure God has me on, I read this........

Streams in the Desert - Sept. 14



Nothing is Too Hard

"Is there anything too hard for Jehovah?" (Gen. 18:14).

Here is God's loving challenge to you and to me today. He wants us to think of the deepest, highest, worthiest desire and longing of our hearts, something which perhaps was our desire for ourselves or for someone dear to us, yet which has been so long unfulfilled that we have looked upon it as only a lost desire, that which might have been but now cannot be, and so have given up hope of seeing it fulfilled in this life.

That thing, if it is in line with what we know to be His expressed will (as a son to Abraham and Sarah was), God intends to do for us, even if we know that it is of such utter impossibility that we only laugh at the absurdity of any one's supposing it could ever now come to pass. That thing God intends to do for us, if we will let Him.

Even Abraham and Sarah could have blocked God's plan if they had continued to disbelieve. The only thing too hard for Jehovah is deliberate, continued disbelief in His love and power, and our final rejection of His plans for us. Nothing is too hard for Jehovah to do for them that trust Him --Messages for the Morning Watch

As I shared yesterday, I have had two specific desires in my heart pertaining to my life's work. One- to be back in ministry, utilizing my talents for the Lord. Two- to live in Colorado. These are very strong desires I have prayed about for several years now. As I have walked through the storms of life, I have often wondered if He would lift me up to a position of ministry that would truly utilize my God given talents for His Glory. That I would "come alive to the glory of God", walking in the works He created me for. I must admit, that after my years of waiting, I began to wonder if He would ever use me in a significant way. Note: this does not mean that I have sat in a prayer closet waiting for my big opportunity. I have continued to live life and make my self available to be used of the Lord to bless, challenge, encourage and love those He has put in my path. We, all who claim the lordship of Christ, are all ambassadors for God. Vessels of His love, power, grace, mercy, joy and peace. No matter what work I have done, I have always strived to live this out!

But, when God puts something in your heart, a desire that is in line with His will, it is our job to trust and obey. This is where I find myself. Now that I have been told what He has been preparing me for, I am diligently seeking what I am to do- my part in this "divine play".

Just this morning, I "ran into" a friend I have not seen for a while. He works in construction and has been traveling to where ever the work is. For some reason, during the course of our fellowship- He is a Christ follower, he mentioned that he had done a job in Memphis, TN. At the time I did not give it any consideration. But as I have "gotten quiet" today- desiring to hear from the Lord, the thought came to me- "Tim Tebow's agent is in Memphis!" "Lord, am I supposed to go to Memphis this week?" For some reason, this is a fear for me!

Now, I have grown up in sales, even went door to door selling for a while. So, why am I afraid to seek an audience with Tim's agent? Two things come to mind. One- a fear of rejection. Two- that I will fumble the ball and fail- that I don't have what it takes. Note: this is a big part of John Eldredge's message for men. That most of us fear that we do not have what it takes to be the men that God is calling us to be.

God is telling me that these are feelings that I must face head on! As the above devotional said, "Is anything too hard for the Lord?" Not when we believe in Him enough to go forward and do His will, and let Him do the impossible for us.

I think there are two key points for me to apply. 1- that I must move forward. 2- that I let Him do the impossible. It is not up to me to do the impossible. But, to focus on the One who is Lord of the impossible!

"Lord, help me to walk this out, and not shrink back. But, press onward and upward in Christ Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith!"

I covet your prayers! Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment